March 16, 2010

Faith in Waiting

Truly my soul waiteth upon God:  from Him cometh my salvation.  Psalm 62:1

Waiting.   When I think of waiting, and what that means, typically it brings a sense of impatience, discontent, traffic lights, bumper-to-bumper traffic, going nowhere "fast."  It makes my heart thump faster and beat irregularly just thinking about it right now.  (If you're familiar with Hampton Roads traffic, you know exactly what I'm talking about.)

Anyway,  what are you waiting for?  Anything special?  A dream to come true?  A hope to turn to reality?  Are you waiting for a red light to turn green in your life?  No matter what it is you may be waiting for, be sure you're waiting ON the Lord.  He is the only One Who can bring about the best of the best in your life.  Sometimes He takes us on disappointing detours.  Other times we find ourselves rapidly gliding upon an icy road without any sense of control.  Either way---we're looking towards a definite end.   Since our Lord has already gone ahead, it's safe to say that He knows the way through the turbulent times, and can ensure us a safe arrival to our destination. 

In the King James Version of Psalm 62:1, beside the word "waiteth" is a little note---it's interesting to read that in this passage "waiteth" means "waits silently."   Hmm.  Thinking of traffic around here. . . sometimes being stuck in a traffic jam is a "not-so-quiet" experience.  Either we'll hear car horns blaring, or we may hear sirens from rescue workers heading to an accident scene, all while we're waiting--slowly creeping along in traffic, or worse,  at a dead stand-still.   The arrival to our destination is now:  D E L A Y E D.  We must wait.  And listen.  If we're busy making noise, honking horns, hearing sirens blasting, or worse: blasting off at that crazy driver that just rode down the shoulder of the road to cut us off, we will not be able to hear what He has to tell us in the midst of this turbulence..

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord and be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord."    Wait in faith.  Faith in what?  Faith in Him...believing that He is working all our circumstances out for our good and His glory...even the crummy disappointments.  It's all going to work out, if we wait.

The old ketchup commercial once said, "Good things come to those who wait."  Hmmmm.  Very true.  God's blessings are worth the wait, and in case you've not noticed, they're MUCH BETTER than a "blob" of thick ketchup.  So...hang tough...Don't get aggravated at the traffic jams in life.  Take a deep breath and be silent.   Maybe, just maybe, if you "tune in" to Heaven's broadcast you'll no longer hear the horns blasting, or the sirens sounding, but you'll hear something extra special, broadcast straight from the radio waves of Heaven.  But be sure to "Stay Tuned."

Oh Father, please help us.  Help me. 
W A I T I N G  on You will never be easy if I'm not careful to have faith that You're working everything out, even the traffic jams in life, for my good.  Help me hear something wonderful while I'm waiting.  Bring me smoothly across  the speed bumps in life by helping me become more careful and cautious in my actions.  Help me not be in such a hurry that I miss a chance to hear from You.   Thanks for the speed bumps, and traffic jams in life.   And by the way, I'm thankful that we're "fully insured" (in Jesus)  in case of an accident.  We are definitely in Good Hands!  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)