September 16, 2010

Oversized Load


Are you carrying an Oversized Load?  Can OTHERS see YOU coming "a mile away?"

On Monday morning I was headed to school, which takes about 20 minutes (on good "traffic" days.)  As soon as I "hopped on" the freeway, I saw one of these trucks....flags on each side of the front, lights flashing, with a rather large sign "advertising" OVERSIZED LOAD.   At first, I thought nothing much about it, only feeling prompted to take a "mental note" that I had seen one.   Low and behold, a few minutes later, there was ANOTHER ONE!   I began to think, "Hmmm...I wonder if God is trying to tell me something this morning??"  (see, lately I had been telling Him how I felt this heavy burden, and couldn't seem to "get rid of it."   Hmmm...."This could be more than a coincidence," I began to think.  So...that got my thoughts rolling.  And here's a few "mental notations" that were going through my mind as I was on my way to school:


Whenever we're feeling heavy-hearted, or extremely burdened, how do others see us?  Do we make it a POINT for others TO see us?  Or do we "quietly wait on the Lord?"  Do they see us with our faces drooped, lips rolled out, shoulders hung forward?  Do they hear us sighing from all the pressure?  Can they "see us coming a mile away?"  What signals are we giving off?  Do we scream, "OVERSIZED LOAD" wherever we go?  Hmmm.  I felt my toes beginning to crunch up in my shoes at this point (and I was wishin' I had me some steel toes on---'cuz they "was 'bout to get stepped on." Can I get a "witness??") LOL


Why is it that we DO FIND ourselves carrying this oversized load in the first place?  Did we just go over to that big old "pile of burdens" and pick it up gladly?   Probably not.  Maybe someone placed it on us, and we're having to deal with feeling *bitterness or resentment* towards that person.  (*Those are "a-whole-nother" type of heavy burdens that not only weigh us down, but also eat us up from the inside-out.)   Maybe we picked up this burden, without ever realizing it WAS going to BECOME a burden to us in the first place.  And here we are, carrying that OVERSIZED LOAD.  Ugh.

Wow!  We THOUGHT we needed tires!  But NOT THAT BIG!!! 
Now, what ARE we going to DO WITH THESE ANYWAY!?  Oh boy!

Could it be that the Lord has placed this burden upon us?  "Wait a minute, Tam!  God doesn't WANT us to be weighed down with burdens, right?  So why would HE place a burden on us?"  Well, remember:  He had to TELL US to "Come to me, all you who are weary and what??   Um.. BURDENED!   And I will give you what?    REST!"  He had to TELL US THAT, basically REMIND US, because HE KNOWS it's not our nature to just go to someone and say, "I can't do this anymore."  We tend to be independent, and just keep on trudging along, under the enormous weight.   After all, "what will others think if I cave in?  Will I be viewed as 'weak'?"   Jesus had to tell us to come to Him, because He knows it's just not in our nature to do that.  Thank God that HE seeks US OUT!  
"He has come to seek and to save that which was lost."  Luke 19:10


Since He may have placed the burden upon us to TEACH US TO COME TO HIM and trade our burden for HIS yoke, maybe this experience will teach us to TRUST HIM.  He will prove Himself to be All-Sufficient.  "Jesus is Amply Sufficient."  (I've been saying that this week, when things get to be "too much.")  Besides, another reason He "may" have placed this burden (or ALLOWED IT) is to teach us to trust in HIS strength and NOT OUR OWN!

"...My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength
is made perfect in weakness."   2 Cor. 12:9


He wants us to LEARN how to rejoice in EVERYTHING.. So if we're carrying these huge "warning flags" around with a big "sign" saying, "OVERSIZED LOAD," others will not see the VICTORIOUS LIFE that Jesus has already GIVEN US. ok...I can't feel my toes now! sigh

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world."  John 16:33


So, by this time, all these thoughts were going through my mind, and before I knew it, I was at the stop light getting ready to turn onto the road where the campus is.  You won't believe this, but when I came to my senses and looked ahead of me, there, sitting in front of me at the stoplight was yet ANOTHER big ole truck saying none other than:  "OVERSIZED LOAD!"   Yep.  That was definitely Divinely Orchestrated~~and when something is Divinely Orchestrated, it's to teach me a lesson---BUT---it's up to ME to DO something about it.  God was trying to GET MY ATTENTION!  "Tammi, quit carrying that oversized load!   No more Oversized Load.  Go ahead and trade it in for the Pure SON-shine-made OJ---being OverJoyed!"   
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me;
 yet not my will, but yours be done."  Luke 22:42
"Okay, Father, I got the message.  Now, I'm here....trading in all the flags, warning lights, and big signs.  I'm afraid that some of the "warning flags" and "oversized signs" that are attached to me have already rusted. . so it's not easy for ME to remove them.  Please apply the annointing oil of Your Holy Spirit to smoothly remove things in my life that advertise an unvictorious and burdened life.  I'm not sure what You'll give me in return---except a joyful heart, and a SpRiNg in my step!   Thank You so much for allowing me to see these truths, even in all the construction around here!  And before I forget, thank You, Jesus, for bearing the heaviest burden~~one BIG burden that mankind doesn't have to bear, if only we trust in YOU.  That burden is SIN.  Thank YOU for bearing that one all the way to the cross for us!  We love and appreciate You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen."


P.S.  Another thing He reminded me on Monday, that I completely forgot to mention when I wrote this last night~~Whenever one of those "oversized load" trucks are on the interstate, it tends to hold up traffic behind it---because NO ONE can PASS IT~~~There's just not enough space...and if we DO try to pass it, it's always with "fear and trembling."  Hmmm.  When we're feeling overloaded and complain about our burdens, that could cause a "hold up" in another brother or sister's life---they may not be able to get past something in their lives.  Whatever WE DO affects others somehow.  So....it's up to US to D.O. something about this "Divinely Orchestrated" lesson, OK?  :o)

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Tammi! loved this post! OMG! what a message God gave you! and you listened, and then shared it with us. Thank You for your sweet spitit of just what I needed to hear. Hope your day is filled with many wonders of Christ; Love ya! girl:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie, Loved this post and lesson-such truth girl and I appreciate the reminders both to let go of those oversized loads and to make sure I'm not holding up someone behind me....such good visuals. Thank you sis for sharing today.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your blog and I'm so thankful. This really spoke to me. I think this is where I've been recently in my journey. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis, I am so glad that you are always on the lookout for a lesson from God. Even the long ride to school has turned out to be a blessing instead of a curse. :-) I needed this one today after going to the doctor. Seems like an over size problem, but know it is for my good and God's glory whatever the outcome. :-) Thank you for paying attention to that still small voice that speaks to you! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this. I love your posts. your writing is so inspiring and encouraging. I know i am guilty of flaunting my oversize load burdens at times. Ugh. Lord help me to bring them to you instead of lugging them around on my own.
    Great post! So much to think on.
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful and transparent sharing dear friend. I am praying for and with you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammi, this is such a good practical illustration of a spiritual principle. You are getting so good. I have to admit that I came to read your post three times and every time I started to read, something happened. You know the phone, hubby needs me ...

    I'm so glad I came back to add my thoughts. Today I've been carrying around an OVERSIZED LOAD sign. I was actually doing fairly well the first three times I tried to sit down and read your post. Maybe the Lord knew that TODAY was the day that I needed this. Thank you for reminding me.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    PS I'm so glad to be following my comment right behind Lisa's. Tammi, she is such an awesome sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes,, Debbie and Lisa are super awesome Sisters!!! And I consider you one of them too!!!
    This was a great Divinely writen post Sweetie..
    Thinking of You Tammi with love and prayers too!!!
    May God's love be with you and yours as you look to Him~~~Blessings and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sweetie, thinking of you and praying for you this moment and your family. Love you much!

    Psalm 27:13-14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok just checking on you! have'nt heard from you, hope all is well. let us hear from you. are you listening?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)