June 2, 2010

Divine Guidance


But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.  John 16:13 (NIV)

Seeking the Lord. He says we shall find Him when we seek Him with all our heart. Wondering where to go, what to do. He says when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth...He will show you things to come. Those two little thoughts just came to me now as I began to write. Asking the Holy Spirit for wisdom, and guidance is the key to our control center.

Jeremiah says our hearts are deceitful and desperately wicked....but we are to seek Him with all our heart. How can a wicked heart, capable of deceiving itself, seek and FIND the Lord anyway? The Holy Spirit is the key. Saved or unsaved, Spirit-filled or following the flesh, the answer to that question is The Holy Spirit.

An unsaved person cannot come to the Father, except He, the Holy Spirit, draw the person to Himself. John 6:44 says, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." The Holy Spirit will guide the unsaved person into the Truth....He will bring that person to Jesus, which says He is, "The Way, the Truth and the Life....No man comes to the Father except by Me."

As a child of God, the Holy Spirit resides within me. He will guide me into all truth. He WILL show me the things to come. I have to surrender my heart, my wicked deceitful heart---my heart which will lead me down the wrong path every time---it has to be surrendered to His power, and His will. LET GO of the KEY and Let Him turn the "crank" on that ignition, and let His power ignite the fuse within my heart....no longer am I a lost missile in search of a target. Why? Because He is in control! The Sovereign God, Creator of the Universe, is guiding this "long range missile" to the target of His will and purpose for my life. . . for "such a moment as this."

Oh dear Father...Sovereign Creator of the universe, the One Who made all things. All of creation depends solely upon the Uncreated You. We are in desperate need of You. So many souls are wandering aimlessly about this earth. Some are searching. Some are going through the motions of life, not even realizing they are desperately searching for You. You placed within us a desire to seek and find our purpose in this life, for our "such a times as this." Here we are, Sovereign Lord, please guide us into all Truth. Bring us to Yourself, uncover our blinded eyes and reveal Your plan for us. We so long to see Your vision for our lives. For it is only when we are in the center of Your Will that our lives will be right on target, fully blessed, and our joy may be full. I ask You to lift up Your Son, through Your Holy Spirit and draw all men to You, first and foremost, then draw us into the very center of Your Will....In Jesus' Name I pray, and on the Authority of Your Word I know You will hear and answer my call, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)