March 21, 2011

Lookin' up

Photo by Benjamin Earwicker
I lift up my eyes to the hills---where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.    Psalm 121: 1, 2

Just a note really quick. . .I glanced at my calendar to see what tomorrow's verse is and just wanted to share it with you all since I'll be in clinical all day and unable to post anything.

Looking at the verse above, and just taking it apart, chewing on each little word or phrase gets my mind to thinking:   If I have to lift up my eyes to the hills, let's think about it. . . .that means that my eyes are originally looking downward, right?  And when I do lift my eyes upward, if I see the hills, that must mean one thing:  I'm currently down in a valley; and if that wasn't bad enough~~ I'm totally  surrounded by overwhelming hills.   Just their size alone would make me feel trapped, with no way "up" to higher ground.

Are you in a valley?   Do you wonder where your help will come from?   Well, our scripture tells us that OUR help comes from the Lord.  When you lift your eyes up to the hills, let me encourage you to look beyond the hills.  Look past the hills and toward the sky.  Look to the heavens and see the many stars--- too numerous to count, yet the Lord has named each of them!   The Lord Who has not only created every single star, but also named them, is the One Who is our help

Is anything too difficult for Him?   No!     So whatever the circumstances of your "valley"~it is not too difficult for Him to handle and HELP you.    Just lift your eyes---don't look around at "ground zero."  Look UP----past those hills, and towards the heavens---and allow the marvel of God's creation to reassure you of His almighty creative power.   This same creative power, the power to make something out of nothing, can surely take your circumstances and create something beautiful from it!  Just look up to Him.  Not only can He help us get through this valley, but He can also take us to higher ground!  The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights.   Habakkuk 3:19 (NIV)

One more thought:  You may be thinking, "Yes, but what if I've gone too far in this valley?  Maybe I've brought this valley on myself?" ~or~  "What if I'm not even a child of God?"  Well, my answer to you would be God's answer:  "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)    And then "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."  (Isaiah 45:22)  God IS your answer.  Just stop looking down, in your valley, at your overwhelming circumstances and simply look up to Him, and to no one else~~for no one else can or will save you. 


Hugs to you all!

Dear Father. . . it's in the valley that You restore our souls.  Some of us have been in our valleys for quite some time, and we are trusting You to continue to work through these circumstances to make us more like You, to make us one with You.  It's just that sometimes we need strength to keep going.  So that is why You have encouraged us to look up---to lift our eyes from the rubble of the "ground zero" and be inspired by Your creation.  Please allow Your Holy Spirit to lift our spirits up in praise to worship You, as we lift our eyes in faith to You, believing that You are going to create something beautiful out of our lives.  We thank You for Your promises that are too numerous to even count~and as You have named each star, each of Your promises have OUR names on them.  It's just up to us to claim them.  Please help us to do that.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful thoughts and encouragement for me my friend.

    I shall keep looking UP beyond the hills.

    I prayed your loving prayer along with you and then again.

    Thank you for bringing me to an even deeper peace this night.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)