February 21, 2010

He added a "P.S."

If you read the previous blog, you're aware that the Lord gave me an opportunity to speak today to my church family regarding the darkness of depression and discouragement in a Christian's life.   In yesterday's blog are the notes from what He gave me to share. 

Even though I knew this message was definitely from Him for someone else, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing.  I talked with the Lord about this... "Lord, yes, this may lift up the spirit of someone in church, but what about lifting YOU UP?  I want to lift YOU UP, Lord."    Well, as I was drying my hair last night, just before one in the morning, and going over the thoughts for today, the Lord gently "tapped me on the shoulder" and said, "I've got a little 'P.S.' I'd like to add."  And that's when He told me, "I too have had a veil of darkness pulled over Me...while on the cross at Calvary.  Our Father pulled the veil of darkness over Me too.  But this was even darker, and deeper than any one else will ever have to experience."  And that's when He began to really show me that whenever He deals with us, His motivation is ALWAYS IN LOVE. . .even His rebuke or discipline is always motivated by His love for us.   But, when Christ was on the cross, and our Heavenly Father pulled that veil of darkness over Him, Christ did not experience the Love of God... NO!  He experienced the WRATH of God....something that we will never have to experience.  THANK YOU, FATHER!!  THANK YOU, JESUS!  THANK YOU, HOLY SPIRIT, FOR REVEALING THIS TO ME!

Jesus experienced the wrath of God, which was meant for you and me---as punishment for OUR sins!  What love!   Because of this sacrificial love, we will never have to experience the loneliness, the agony of truly being separated from God!  

Isn't this wonderful?  He tied the entire message up with a beautiful revelation of Himself. Jesus is totally able to understand what we fear in our darkness.  He's been there. 

When we place our trust in Him, MERCY shall compass us about.  . . BUT ... take it to the next level:   Zephaniah 3:17 basically says that the Lord thy God is in the midst of thee...He is mighty to save, He will QUIET you with His LOVE!   He will rejoice over you with singing.  Did you catch that?  He is in the MIDST OF THEE too.  Not only is He totally SURROUNDING YOU with HIS MERCY and lovingkindness...HE IS ALSO IN THE MIDST OF THEE.  He's right there in the middle of it all with you.   And the only way to have a quiet heart is to let HIS LOVE pour down on you...accept Him and His loving gift of salvation.   Now is the accepted time!  Today is the day of salvation!

I don't know about you, but I have enjoyed the journey He took me on this past week.  I remember asking Him to "play me" last Sunday night. . and I still want Him to do that again this week.

Please pray for someone that may be in darkness right now...Reach your hand out to someone else, and then, when you do, when YOUR time of darkness comes, 'it shall be as the noon day"  He will bring Light in Obscurity.  

Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless you today.  May He "Play YOU" as an instrument in His hands!

Isaiah 58: 8 - 11
8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

9Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;


10And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)