March 1, 2010

The Empty Well

"Sir, Thou hast nothing to draw with."  John 4:11

It's Monday.   Need I say more?   *sigh* 

"Okay, here we go, Lord...just You and me...or is that You and I?"  Too tired to check out the proper grammar.   Anyway, here we go...I can't face this day..nor can I do anything productive without YOUR help.   Thank You for showing me something last night...the something about the woman at the well.   You asked her for something to drink...knowing she had absolutely NOTHING to offer You...nothing.   But You asked her in order to make a point. . .to show her a need...a very important need..her need for YOU. . You offered her Living Water.   She replied, "But Sir, Thou has nothing to draw with, and this well is D E E P."    Whew!  That reminds me of ME today.   You have asked me for something today, Lord.   You have given me a set of duties to accomplish, for Your glory.  But I reply, 'Sir, You have nothing to draw  with....and this well is too deep! It's impossible!'


But thankfully You are not here to withdraw anything out of me...there is nothing for me to offer You.  You have come to offer me YOU... Your Living Water---Your Holy Spirit.   Help me to DRINK from this Living Water. . . What good is a glass full of crystal clear, refreshing water, if I just leave it on the countertop??  I must DRINK IT!  PLEASE help me DRINK OF YOUR LIVING WATER TODAY, because, not only is this 'well' deep, it is feeling dry.   Thank You for the Promise of Your REFRESHING, RESTORING Holy Spirit.  Pour Yourself out on me today...May I see Thy Power and Thy Glory, just as I have seen thee in the sanctuary, In Your Name I pray, Amen."
 
Psalm 63:1 & 2 --   O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)