April 6, 2010

Inquiring Hearts want to Know

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Psalm 9:9, 10

Okay...it's been one of those days.  I'm writing this on Monday night, but hope to post this for Tuesday's entry.  I just glanced at the clock..it's almost midnight...so it will be Tuesday when it's posted.

Anyway...Ever had one of those days when you wonder, no matter how much it seems like you are trying to live right, do right, seek Him, obey Him...things just DON'T GO according to the way YOU thought they should?   Ever been there?   I'm there.   Things just do not make a bit of sense.   I mean seriously.  What is going on?   I won't even attempt to answer that question.    I know that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  (Eph. 6:12)   But what are we supposed to DO about that?

Well, when things happen that we just can't make sense out of .. like your Air Condition Unit blows up, right after the Gas Furnace has been replaced. . . or the kids seem to keep arguing; or one of them is suffering from a disorder or disease....your husband is suffering in a dead-end job:  God wants us to get to KNOW HIM. 
When I read Psalm 9:10, I felt impressed to search the meanings of the words in Hebrew.  "They that know" means:  They that 1) acknowledge.... 2) clearly understand....or 3) are a familiar friend.   Do we acknowledge God and clearly understand HIM for Who He is, even in the midst of our confusing trials?   Is He a familiar Friend to us?  Or better yet Are WE a familiar friend to HIM?  ("You are my friend if you keep my commandments."  John 15:14)   Thy Name...Do we KNOW His Name?  This one could be a study in and of itself. ELOHIM means "God as Creator, Preserver, Transcendent, Mighty and Strong."
EL SHADDAI means "God All Sufficient."  JEHOVAH-JIREH means "The Lord will Provide."  JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH means "The Lord is There."  These are to name JUST A FEW.  Do we know Him as any of these names?  Is He our Preserver in the midst of trials?  Is He all we ever will need to get us through?  Does He provide for our every need?  Is He THERE with us?   Of course..but do we really believe this?   Putting our TRUST in Him means we are to be truly CONFIDENT in calling on Our God with any one of these names.  Are we?   This Person we are to place our full confidence in is The Lord...the God of Israel.  He hast not forsaken, or "relinquished" His grasp on any one who seeks Him, or inquires after Him.  Are you asking Him or consulting Him?  It seems from this verse, that the Lord, our Lord, wants us to INQUIRE after Him when things go hay-wire!   He promises not to relinquish or LOOSEN us from His grasp, even when we inquire after Him.  

Okay...Father...I do not understand why these things are happening.   This inquiring heart wants to know.  Now..I know I may never KNOW WHY actually this has happened...but I have a feeling it's because You really want to test my faith.  Am I only seeking after Your BLESSINGS??  Or am I only SEEKING AFTER YOU!?   Do I just want Your wonderful hand on my life, along with the blessedness that comes with it?  Or will I trust You, have faith in You, and still bless Your name when things go haywire...we're sweating here in the heat, with no hope for our summer, which by the way has not even begun!?   I think I know what You want me to ask.  "How's my faith, Father?"  I think I know the answer:  "Needs work."   Thanks.  I really needed that.   Please, have Your will in these difficult situations we find ourselves in.  Please cause us to RUN HARD AFTER YOU, SEEKING YOUR FACE, not just the wonderful Son-Shiny moments of Your blessings.  This shall not be easy.  So therefore, we beg You for strength!   In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)