April 21, 2010

Thoughts of Thanks

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   
I Thessalonians 5:18


Had to choose two verses today, since they both have something to do with my thoughts for today.  Last night I received the "we're sorry to inform you" email, stating that the article I prayerfully submitted last week had not been chosen for the scholarship.  At first there was a tinge of disappointment, then the feelings of rejection began to creep up.   It's easy to praise Him when everything goes "as we had planned or hoped," but how easy is it to praise Him when things don't go as planned?   Well, if our will is completely engulfed in His, then it will be easy..because we know that He is in control and when He says, "No" it's only because there's something better He has waiting for us--maybe a few more lessons to learn, allowing us to grow closer to Him. 

So, today's blog entry is just simply a way for me to say thanks...

Thank You, Father, for shutting the door on this opportunity.  I do hope that even though my "words" were not "accepted" in someone else's sight, I do pray that they will always be found acceptable in Thy sight.  Make even my thoughts to be found acceptable in Thy sight too.  For whatever I think, I will eventually speak.  Please continue to keep Your hand on me, and make me more like Your Son, who gave His life for me.  Thank You for Your never-ending patience with this vessel of clay.   It matters not if anyone else "hears" my voice...what matters most is that I know You do.  Not only do You hear me, but You also care for me especially when my heart feels a tinge of sadness or is even crushed by enormous grief.  I love You for saying No..for I know Your NO is really a "Yes, I'm still in control..I've got my eye on you..."  So thank You, again for doing all things well.  I look to You for help and guidance!   In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)