April 14, 2010

You Hangin' in there?

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. 
Isaiah 49:16

Earlier today my friend and I had a quick conversation, albeit via email.  The Lord has inspired several of the past blog entries based on conversations with this dear person.  It is humorous how sometimes little catchy phrases can light a spark in my heart.  For example:  As soon as I wrote, "Hang in there... better yet, hang on to the ROCK!  I'm there too,"  I thought, "Wait a minute!  What am I saying?  We may think we're plastered on the side of a high cliff, hanging on for dear life, but really, we're engraved on the Palm of His Hand!  We are engraved on to the Rock!"    

Psalm 18:2 says, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."  Looking at it like that, we are on solid ground!   High up from all dangerous floods that would overtake us if we were "down there."

So if you feel like you're hangin' on for dear life today, dangling from some rocky cliff, take heart! You're not dangling! You're engraved!  Not enslaved by these circumstances, but engraved on the Palm of the Creator of the Universe's hand!! Whoah! "He is our Rock and our Fortress! A refuge in times of trouble."

I'll close this as if it were an open letter to all who read this:
Be encouraged!  I'm right there with you! 
Big hugs!  :o)
Tammi

PS...even if we were cliff hanging....and we did happen to "let go"---we's goin' no where! Cuz He's got us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)