April 15, 2010

Looking up....

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  Colossians 3:1-3

Thinking about some recent lessons, specifically how we are to let Christ rise in and through us before we speak to others (Mark 9:9  And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.) I couldn't help but notice a common theme in lessons the Lord is showing me.  When I read Colossians 3:1-3, it's almost as if He began "Part II" of  "Wait for the Son to Rise."  Well, we are of course to be "dead to sin."  That is:  our sinful nature is to be crucified with Christ on that cross.  We do this daily...by waking up, saying, "Father, I identify my sinful nature with Christ's atoning work on the cross...and today I nail this deadly sinful nature on the cross..please replace this sinful nature with Your Son's today..."  And bingo!   The Holy Spirit's power has been ignited again---just like a car:  Turn the key, crank that motor and ...BAM...you're out of the driveway.   We are now "Risen with Christ."  

SO...if that's the case...we are to "Seek those things which are above...."  What are we to seek?  Better jobs?  Fancy cars?   Don't know 'bout you, but if I look up, I surely don't want to find a big corporation or corvette dangling in mid-air above my head, about ready to DROP on me!  LOL   Seriously, though...we are to seek Christ.  For He is sitting at the right hand of the Father.   We are essentially engaged to Christ.  God the Father has given us HIS BEST when He gave us His Son, Jesus.  And we are soon to be married to Him.  Surely we should seek to know HIM better, while He is up there preparing our future home!  My heart, my affection, my love is set upon Him....and what's wonderful and yet mysterious is His heart, love, affection, His ALL, is set right back on me!

Oh, to know You more, dear Jesus.  And now...as I am looking UP, seeking Your face, I know exactly where to find it...in Your Word!  You've sent me a wonderful love letter. . .You are telling me how much You love me, what You're doing now in preparation for our "Big Day."  You encourage me to be faithful while I wait.....You've even given me Your Spirit...breathing new life in me each day!   I am so glad that I don't have to spend all my life "Finding Myself" as others tend to do...because I know where I am!  I am HIDDEN in YOU!   Thank You for wrapping Your strong, yet tender and loving arms around me this morning!  Please do the same for all of us!  In Your lovely name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)