May 11, 2010

Join the "P.I.A." Club!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I was thinking today how the Lord wants us to praise Him---How when we enter into His gates, it's with thanksgiving, and we enter into His courts with PRAISE.   It's almost like we're carrying a banner, waving a flag of praise and thanksgiving, as we're marching into His courts.  The Courts of the Almighty Judge, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords....our Savior.   We're boldly bringing our petitions and concerns for Him to hear.   I imagine the sound of our praise would certainly GET HIS attention!  Don't you?

Have you ever wondered though, how could we really give thanks in everything---especially when our circumstances are not the "very best"??   Others around us know we proclaim to be Christians, and yet does the way we respond to our circumstances reflect a truth to our profession?

In my quiet time with the Lord today, I told Him how I KNOW His Word is truth, and His promises are for me to cling to...I even told Him "I AM CLINGING TO Your promises, Father...but something is not feeling right.  Something's not 'jiving'."   That's when He reminded me, "Tam...you KNOW it...but you've got to SHOW IT!"     That's the key...I "SHOW" the level of my trust by the way I carry myself...am I smiling?  Am I light hearted?  Do others sense a joy and peace when they are around me?   That's how we SHOW what we KNOW.    

Only He can help us get to that point though.   And I think the key is....you guessed it:  PRAISE.   And let's take it a step further. . .  .Praise Out Loud.   We are familiar with "LOL" (meaning laugh out loud) right?  Why can't we just say "P.O.L."   Praise out Loud...verbally speak our praise, so that not only others hear us, but the more WE hear ourselves praising Him, believing in His strength and power, the more WE will believe it to be true--in our hearts...and then the "trust we KNOW" will begin to SHOW.  "You know it, but you've got to SHOW IT!"

That's when it occurred to me:  Let's start a new club.   The P.I.A. Club.  That stands for Praise in Anticipation.   We anticipate Him to work out our situation for His glory (and for our good), so why can't we just begin to praise Him now?  After all, it was the Praise and Worship Leaders that Jehoshaphat sent to the front line as they headed to the battle field.  "And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever." (II Chronicles 20:21)  When we praise the Lord, in advance (or in anticipation) of His *promised* deliverance, we find that the battle is no longer OURS, but HIS!   The connection from our HEADS to our HEARTS happens, and we (finally) realize He has given us so much to praise Him for!  The battle is HIS!!!  The victory is ours through Jesus!    That's when we SHOW what we really know! 

So...if you'd like---join  me in the P.I.A. Club...Praise in Anticipation!!  What's cool is, no formal attire is required:  Just wear your comfy PJ's----Proclaim Jesus!   We can do as much P.O.L.'ing (Praising Out Loud) as we want!  ;0)

Thank You Father for teaching me today to really SHOW what I know..and the only way to SHOW others that I trust You in these times of waiting for guidance is to Praise You in Advance of what You have promised You WILL do!   I look forward to what You are doing.  I praise You in Anticipation of the wonderful outcome You have in store for us.   Please help me, help US, to Praise You Out Loud, so that we can believe what we hear ourselves saying!  "God IS GOOD!  His mercy endures forever!   God works all things out for our good and His glory, IF we are called according to His Glory!  God loves me!"   What a relief to hear something POSITIVE for once!    We love You!  In Jesus' Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)