May 24, 2010

What's in a Letter?

Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.  Psalm 60:12

When David faced "his" giant, Goliath, he had full faith in God that God would defeat this super-sized, over-the-top, way-out-of-his-league giant.  Because David was going forth not in his own strength, but in God's, he had full confidence in God for victory. 

No matter what giants we are facing today, be it opposition from other people, or trying to break bad habits, or just the old fleshly nature itself, we CAN be victorious.

When I asked my son to do something he responded, "Mom, I can't."  Then I said, "Don't say you can't, but you'll try!"   That's when it hit me.  That little letter "t" in the contraction of can't.   Let's look at it like this:
I can't.    We can change our outlook if we let that "t" stand for the word "try."

I Can'Try.'  I have the word try enclosed in a pair of 'marks' because really we're not 'trying' in our own strength, but in GOD'S!  So what's there to TRY anyway?   Oh yeah!  How about TRY FAITH in GOD? 

Anyway....Further into my thoughts, it hit me:  Sometimes we have to be careful, because the old idea of "I can't" is really just the simple stubborn, "I WON'T!"     Then there it was again--the letter "t".   But what happens if we knock off the letter "t" in "Won't"...look at what we've got left.   WON!     If we but simply TRY, we can WIN!   Go forth, in full faith and assurance in God to fight our battles for us, and we are guaranteed to win!

We can Be Victorious and Win.    Whatever it is we are facing:  We can be courageous and TRY!  Go forth with Faith in God!   Do I think God is Trying To Teach me a little something, even by using simple letters?  Yes!   Then, with a gentle sense of humor, He pointed out, "Tammi, your initials are T.R.Y."    And I thought SCRABBLE was fun!  LOL

Okay, Father, I will TRY today to do Your will. . .To fight these battles, and WIN, WIN WIN.  Because, as You said, in Joshua 23:10, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the Lord your God, HE it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you."  Together, Father, we claim this promise, for our good, and Your glory, in Jesus' Name, we pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)