July 26, 2010

A Little Lamb

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.  And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.  John 10: 3, 4


Been quiet lately...doing some thinking, seeking, praying....listening.   Have you ever felt like a sheep that didn't want to leave the comfort of the fold?  I actually chuckle at the sight of that sentence, and the image it conjures up in my mind:   A fold---full of sheep, all shapes and sizes, squooshed next to each other.  Lots of "bleating" and moving around with no where to go.  But for some reason, the idea of being all cozy next to my fellow sheep, "fenced in" by the strong border I'm USED TO, just feels comfortable.  Today I think my Shepherd is calling...He's calling my name.  And here I am...shy, scared to go OUT that open door.  He's there, of course---standing before me. 
 
What's ironic is, on one hand I've been feeling frustrated because He's not LED US as a WHOLE group anywhere, but on the other hand He revealed to me, "Dear lamb, YOU'RE the reason we're still here....you've got to COME OUT.  Follow Me."   Notice the verse again:  "He has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." (NIV)  When He has brought out ALL His own, He goes on ahead and leads them.   Everyone has to come out of the fold!  That would include...me.
 
Dear Shepherd, are You waiting on me?  Am I the only one sitting in the fold, scared to leave the comfort of this fold?  And silly ole me, the comfort really is cramped quarters, not meant to remain there constantly.  I HAVE TO come out and Graze and Listen to Your voice in order to Grow stronger and Learn of Your faithfulness.  It's time to move out in to green pastures and Follow, Feed, and enjoy Freedom.  I'm so sorry for being scared to move.  I'm so thankful for Your tenderness in leading me.  Sometimes I need You to scoop me up in Your arms and carry me...but I know that at OTHER times You want me to move on my own feet...for in moving, that proves my faith in You.   Thank You, tender Shepherd for loving me.  In Your name I pray, Amen.

7 comments:

  1. Tammi, I can understand. I like to stay in the fold where I'm so comfortable. But you're right; our Shepherd wants us to listen to His voice and follow Him. And that means trusting Him. I love how He even gives us the faith to believe.

    Blessings and love to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammi, what great thoughts you've shared. God is always good, and oh so patient with us. I too, have been in a time of being called out.....and although a little scarey, Gods been teaching me that thru obedience.......his plans fir my life are unfolding!

    Bless your heart as you continue on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Good Shepherd is my absolute favorite image of the Lord...I loved your insight into this scripture....

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is Soooo AWESOME,,just found your note Sweetie and I'd just been wondering how you were and I knew I should stop by,,,Well Sweetie,,you note came at just the right time, I'd been feeling a bit down. So thanks MUCH and i am pushing the enemy out right now,,,in Jesus MIGHTY Name..
    Big HUgs and LOVE the LAMB and all the meaning of your post..Dena

    You' are a Special Gift from His Heaven above to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has recently brought me out of the pen to lead me in a path unfamiliar. It has brought me both joy & pain, trust and unbelief. My faith is being tested like never before, but my confidence rests in Jesus and, no matter the sod beneath my fragile frame, I can trust in the One who calls for me to come and join him along the path.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a kind word for me. You are always welcome there.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the time to write this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for writing. It is so good to know that God is still using these lessons that I had journaled on my blog during this particular season in my life. This post was written as I felt the Lord was leading me to step out of my comfort zone and go back to school (in my late 30s) . I have since become an ultrasonagrapher and both of my children are in the military. When this was written I was a stay at home mom. Thank you for helping me to see that even though I had to step away from the blogging that God is still leading others to this. I pray that these blog (journal) entries will continue to be a blessing to others.
      Tammi

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's such a joy to my heart! "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above..." You are a gift to my heart! To God be the glory! :o)